The Cabbage Soup Diet has been one of the best and most inexpensive solutions for people who want to achieve rapid weight loss. While this low-calorie meal plan is known for providing great benefits and reliable results in no more than 7 days, it may also have a set of disadvantages. Here are the pros and cons of the week-long Cabbage Soup Diet.
Pros of the Cabbage Soup Diet
- You will definitely lose weight. If you stick with the diet, you will really achieve your weight loss goal in just a single week. The foods included in the plan, such as tomatoes, celery and asparagus, are low in calories and are designed to flush out your system.
- The Cabbage Soup Diet is very affordable. The only thing that you have to buy is plenty of cabbage, other vegetables, and a small amount of meat if you prefer. The soup is so easy to make and it can be seasoned with herbs and spices to make it tasty.
- The eating plan involves a lot of food that is rich in fiber. Fiber helps remove toxic waste from your system by cleansing your gut or gastrointestinal tract. In addition to this, fiber plays an essential role in your heart and skin health, and also improves blood sugar control.
- The meal plan allows you to eat as much as you want. The Cabbage Soup Diet is not a starvation diet. In fact, it requires you to fill yourself up with the day’s food recommendation so you do not feel hungry.
Cons of the Cabbage Soup Diet
- The Cabbage Soup Diet is not nutritionally balanced. It does not have the other essential nutrients that you need, such as calcium, protein, and B vitamins. This is the reason why the diet is recommended for only 7 days, and then you need to go back to your regular diet afterwards.
- Most dieters are highly likely to get bored after a few days of eating cabbage soup. This is one of the most common drawbacks of this diet. After all, you are required to eat the same kind of soup at least twice a day, every day for the whole week.
- Some dieters who are following the cabbage soup eating plan feel lightheaded or weak. This could be because of dehydration, as most of the foods that you eat causes your urine volume to increase. The most effective way to fight this is to drink a lot of water.
- Many people gain the weight back – and sometimes even more – after doing the Cabbage Soup Diet. The regain is obviously because weight loss comes from the flushing of waste and fluids from the body, and not from loss of fat.
A Tip Before You Start Doing the Cabbage Soup Diet
The Cabbage Soup Diet is an effective and popular solution for weight loss, but it is definitely not for everyone. If you are planning to try this meal plan, you will have to consider all of the possible symptoms first. It is one of the fastest and cheapest ways for you to become slimmer, but it can also be harmful to your health.